Safety services to businesses, events, site specific events, production companies and venues.
A list of retained services is outlined below however, support also includes pre-planning for events and productions, pre-vetting of contractors, Safety Advisory Group meetings (SAG), training and briefings together with relevant documentation creation and review.
Based in the North West of England, ESS works nationally and internationally with a team of specialists in event and entertainment production and safety.
ESS offer a number of courses which can be delivered at your place of work or at our offices. For further details about our courses, take a look at our training page
Our retained services ensures the health and safety aspect of your business is looked after on a month-by-month basis. Below are examples of the levels of retainers available.
- Provision of initial safety policy and access to a competent source of advice;
- review and advice for standing risk assessments;
- review of any future risk assessments / method statements written by the client or their contractors;
- online and telephone support during office hours for the duration of the retainer;
- access to the website offering advice, guidance and event, venue and business documentation.
- provision of contractor vetting and due diligent checks;
- support for accident investigations and analysis;
- access to the online accident reporting process;
- discount for onsite support;
- discount for work including fire risk assessments, activity risk assessments etc;
- Discount for training at your premises;
- access to advice out of office hours;
- food Safety inspections (if applicable);
- safety assurance inspections.
The advanced retainer includes all of the services described in lines 1.0 and 2.0, but also includes:
- a full audit of safety policies and processes within the business;
- meeting with the management team each quarter to provide information relating to accident stats and safety information;
- a set number of days allocated for inspections and performance visits (on site / production) to report back to the management team.
ESS also provide a consultation service to support business as usual health and safety, OSHAS18001 preparation and/or specific project consultation.
Our on site support provides a variety of services, from event and venue safety, to production and technical management, including:
- on-site event/production safety support;
- inspections, premises visits, meetings and event/site visits and reccess;
- construction of specific safety documentation and site audits;
- venue assessments, including fire risk assessments;
- on-site training;
- support for accident investigations and analysis (non-retainer clients);
- any other activities outside of the retainer services.